|Page (1) of 1 - 01/17/13||email article||print page|
TORONTO, Jan. 17, 2013 /CNW/ -
2012 J-Source Canadian Newsperson of the Year
Kevin Donovan, Chris Hogg, Glen McGregor and Michelle Shephard: These are but a few of the Canadian journalists you have nominated for the J-Source Canadian Newsperson of the Year Award so far. Have a name to add to the list? Make your nomination today
Idle No More and APTN
By Benjamin Shingler
If the Aboriginal Peoples Television Network wasn't already on your radar, it likely is now. The small network has been on the Idle No More story since protests began on Dec. 10.
Department of Justice lawyer suspended for whistleblowing
By Grant Buckler
A senior Department of Justice lawyer has been suspended from his job without pay after bringing a case before the Federal Court alleging that his department is not properly screening proposed legislation for compliance with the Charter of Rights and Freedoms and other legislation.
7.5 take-aways from Canadian University Press #NASH75
By Eric Mark Do
It was a conference with perhaps the lowest average delegate age of all journalism conferences in Canada, but the CUP's 75th annual national conference still managed to pack quite the punch with dozens of informative sessions and keynote speakers that included CBC's Amanda Lang.
The Great Wall: Canadian dailies and online subscriptions
By Joy Blenman, King's Journalism Review
When a journalism student declared he had never bought a physical newspaper, Torstar chair John Honderich shot back: "Is that something you're proud of?" But the student's statement is a sign of the times: the future of journalism is digital, and the transition has already begun.
THE BIG ISSUE
Back to School: Instructors' resources edition
By Mary McGuire
With a new year and a new semester upon us, journalism instructors should be sure to check out this list of resources for use in their classrooms. We've broken it down into three categories:
- The Basics (reporting, writing, interviewing and ethics)
- Broadcast/Visual Journalism (audio, video and photography)
- New Media (social media, blogging, data visualization and multimedia storytelling)
IN THE NEWS
- Upcoming journalism job/internship program deadlines
- CAJ Awards accepting applications until Feb. 8
- Western University Students' Council vs. student newspaper The Gazette on campus space, press freedom
- On current affairs and satire: Esther Enkin's first review as CBC Ombudsman
- On The Canadian Press creating its first Storify: 'Yes, you'll see more of this'
- RECAP: Canadian University Press #NASH75 conference
- Jan. 31: CJF J-Talk: Journalism, Disrupted: How to Create Media Innovation, ON
- Feb. 6: The Role of Media in the Arab Spring, QC
- Feb. 28: CJF J-Talk: Save the Date, ON
- Mar. 7-8: CFP: [Re]Visions: Protest and Resistance, ON
J-Source and ProjetJ are projects of The Canadian Journalism Foundation in collaboration with leading journalism schools and organizations.
CJF News: Tickets are still available for J-Talk Journalism, Disrupted: How to Create Media Innovation on Jan. 31. Book your tickets now.
SOURCE Canadian Journalism Foundation
Copyright 2010 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved