|Page (1) of 1 - 02/17/17||email article||print page|
Award-Winning Children's Entertainment Company Announces New Products for Hatchimals, Meccano, Air Hogs, Zoomer and many more
NEW YORK, Feb. 17, 2017 /PRNewswire/ - Spin Master Corp., ("Spin Master") (TSX: TOY) a leading global children's entertainment company is set to reveal its most diverse portfolio of toys, games and entertainment properties to date at the North American International Toy Fair, in New York City from February 18 to 21, 2017.
Spin Master's tradition of disruptive innovation continues with the company's 2017 line-up, featuring developments in advanced robotics, STEM-based products, a lifelike inventive baby doll grounded in classic play patterns and nurturing interactions and a wide range of exciting products across multiple categories.
"Spin Master continues to push the boundaries of innovation, creativity and fun in new and unexpected ways," said Ben Gadbois, Global President and COO, Spin Master Ltd. "This year, we are launching our most advanced robot with the Meccano M.A.X. Robot, we're ready to surprise the world with the next evolution of Hatchimals and an amazing new version of the classic baby doll with Luvabella. We are committed to making the world more fun and these are just a few shining examples from Spin Master's 2017 line."
The company has nine products nominated across eight categories for the Toy Industry Association's prestigious Toy of the Year Awards, including its 13th Innovative Toy of the Year nomination for Hatchimals. The other Spin Master nominations include Air Hogs Helix Sentinel Drone, Zoomer Chimp, Meccano Micronoid, Escape Room The Game, Zoomer Marshall, PAW Patrol, Air Hogs Connect Mission Drone and Star Wars X-Wing vs. Death Star, Rebel Assault branded Air Hogs.
Modern Classics Enhancing Nurturing Play with Advanced Robotics
Dolls have been a favorite toy over the millennia for good reason: kids are instinctively drawn to play patterns evoking caring and loving behavior. With the introduction of Luvabella, Spin Master has seamlessly combined nurturing play with advanced robotics, bringing the classic baby doll into the 21st century.
- Luvabella affectionately responds to a child's love, just like a real baby. Tickle her tummy or her toes and she will giggle in delight. Her beautiful expressive face is the first of its kind, leading to the most authentic movement and emotions. From her first word to Luvabella's joyful giggles, every child will be mesmerized by all the moments to discover. Kids will love her every surprise! Age: 3+, MSRP $99.99 USD
Bridging the gap between a child's quest for fun and entertainment and a parent's desire for educational growth and development, Spin Master's STEM-based toys teach and motivate as they inspire the next generation of inventors.
Spin Master acquired Meccano in 2013, bringing it new life and relevance, making Meccano the destination for creative kids with an interest in engineering and robotics. In addition to the building sets which have captivated children for more than a century, Meccano is set to launch the exciting Meccano M.A.X. Robot.
- Meccano M.A.X. Robot is the most advanced Meccano robot to date, drawing on advanced robotics technology that combines Artificial Intelligence (AI) learning and customizable programming to create a one of a kind personal assistant. Infrared (IR) Navigation and customizable apps bring M.A.X. to life with almost limitless potential for personalization and interactivity including a built-in gaming platform for added fun. Age: 10+, MSRP $149.99 USD
- Building the Meccano MeccaSpider is just the start of the fun. With app control and venom attack, it's easy to keep enemies at bay. MeccaSpider also has an interactive personality and built in games to keep the whole family entertained. Age: 10+, MSRP $99.99 USD
Rube Goldberg is renowned for zany STEM-based inventions and challenges. Spin Master has partnered with Rube Goldberg to introduce dynamic building sets founded on principles of gravity, inertia, simple machines, spring force and more. By arranging the contraptions in just the right place, kids can trigger amazing chain reactions.
- Can a chicken, a tennis racket and some tires launch a speeding car? The Rube Goldberg The Speeding Car Challenge playset lets kids discover and learn about STEM-based principles of gravity and air pressure, using these principles to launch a car. Age: 8+, MSRP $9.99 USD
- Can a spoon, a frog and a gumball catch a fly? Rube Goldberg The Fly Trap Challenge features the STEM-based principles of gravity and simple machines to make and trigger a fly trap. Age: 8+, MSRP $9.99 USD
- Can a basketball, a monkey and a tightrope launch an acrobat? Rube Goldberg The Acrobat Challenge uses STEM-based principles of gravity and spring forces to make the acrobat fly. Age: 8+, MSRP $14.99 USD
- Can a drawbridge, a cannon and a dragon help to escape a castle? Rube Goldberg The Castle Escape Challenge uses STEM-based principles of springs and momentum to make a great escape. Age: 8+, MSRP $19.99 USD
Air Hogs Fly to New Heights
Technology continues to be a leading driver in the industry. Spin Master is at the forefront of innovation with Air Hogs and the products have advanced yet again to take on a life of their own.
- Air Hogs DR1 Micro Race Drone is an agile indoor racing drone built to fly at high speeds. This drone is built with the best 'learn to fly' tech to learn to race like the pros. Age 8+, MSRP $39.99 USD
- Air Hogs DR1 FPV Race Drone is built to deliver the most authentic drone racing experience. Be in the cockpit of the drone and live video stream the high-speed adrenaline race experience through the First Person View (FPV) headset. Age 10+, MSRP $99.99 USD
- Air Hogs FPV Race Car helps satisfy the need for speed. Experience the view from the driver's seat and stream live video from the car's wide angle lens to the FPV headset. Precision steering makes this fast race car easy for anyone to drive. Age 8+, MSRP $99.99 USD
- Air Hogs Robo Trax is an unstoppable, all-terrain tank that can drive over multiple surfaces. Transform the tank to a self-balancing robot and shoot missiles to defeat the enemy. Built with 100ft range, this tank can explore and take on anything that gets in its way. Age 8+, MSRP $74.99 USD
- Air Hogs Drift Drone is a never before seen 2-in-1 land speeder and drone. Race the land speeder at incredibly high speeds or unleash the acrobatic drone and take to the skies. Age 8+, MSRP $39.99 USD
EGG-citing things are Hatching
Since the global launch of HatchimalsTM on October 7th, 2016 the response has been phenomenal and there have been millions of successful hatches around the world. HatchiFans have been captivated and enchanted by these magical creatures and throughout 2017, HatchimalsTM will continue to deliver the true hatching experience to children everywhere.
- Hatch a whole worldTM with Hatchimals ColleggtiblesTM, adorable creatures that come inside of small, speckled eggs and need a nurturing touch to hatch. By holding the egg in their hands and rubbing the heart, kids will know it's ready to hatch when it changes color from purple to pink. By gently cracking open the egg, kids will discover over 70 new Hatchimals with a set of magical, glittery wings. Age: 5+, MSRP $2.99-$9.99 USD
- Who will YOU hatch?TM The HatchimalsTM Glitter collection of glittery Pengualas and Draggles have twinkling wings, soft sparkling fur and speckled eggs that shimmer. Kids can play with them in their eggs to help them hatch and then raise them from baby, to toddler, to full grown Hatchimal. Age: 5+, MSRP $59.99 USD
- Hatchimals Day is coming this fall on October 6th, 2017 when the newest members of the Hatchimals family will be unveiled. Who's inside? It's a surprise!TM
Kids Collectibles The Art of Trading
Kids have long loved collecting and trading toys, and the trend continues to gain momentum in 2017. Driven by the anticipation and excitement of adding those final pieces to complete a set, collecting, trading and displaying collections is serious business and serious fun. Whether it's to swap and trade, or collect and keep, Spin Master has amazing collectibles to fuel the frenzy.
Inspired by the excitement of extreme sports, Tech Deck's line of mini-skateboards and mini-BMX bikes are ready for sick tricks. Kids can bring them to life with new playset combinations.
- With Tech Deck SLS Pro Park, kids can collect and build an authentic SLS Pro Park and bring iconic stunts to the Tech Deck world. Age: 6+, MSRP $14.99 USD
- Defy gravity with Tech Deck Skate Anywhere Street Course. Kids can collect all three sets and build a street obstacle course that even the pros will struggle to conquer. Age: 6+, MSRP $9.99 USD
- The Tech Deck Transforming Container can be transformed into six different obstacles ranging from quarter pipes to rails. Thanks to its modularity, kids can build more than 80 different skate park combinations. Age: 6+, MSRP $24.99 USD
As children embrace the creativity and freedom inspired by the Maker Movement, Spin Master's activities continue to provide exciting and accessible options for kids of all ages to express themselves.
One of the world's most iconic toys, Etch A Sketch, has delighted children and adults alike for more than 50 years. Now, as part of the Spin Master family, Etch A Sketch will introduce exciting new innovations to the line with the addition of a color screen and ergonomic design updates.
- Born from the classic Etch A Sketch, Etch A Sketch Freestyle now lets kids draw freestyle and stamp in color for the first time. Using revolutionary LCD technology, the sleek new design makes it even easier for kids to exercise their creativity, while retaining the classic, beloved shake-to-erase feature. Age: 3+, MSRP $19.99 USD
- Ergonomically designed to make it easier for young kids, Etch A Sketch Junior Joystick lets creativity flow with ease. Kids can now easily draw lines, loops, and circles. Age: 3+, MSRP $12.99 USD
Doctor Dreadful is back, with innovative toys that encourages kids to play with their food. The ultimate creepy lab for kids, they can conduct disturbingly delicious experiments, whether brewing bubbly brains or zombie skins and kids can eat everything they make. Inject spiders into eye sockets and dare friends to consume everything the Doctor Dreadful sets create.
- Doctor Dreadful's Zombie Lab looks gross but tastes great! Make over 40 gross candy treats. Kids can eat bubbling brains, zombie skins and inject spiders into the Zombie's eyeball. The Zombie's jaw rips open as it pukes out a brain barf beverage. Age: 5+, MSRP $24.99 USD
Kinetic Sand, Bunchems and the Cool Maker line encourage kid-friendly, hands-on design, providing maximum fun and satisfaction with the amazing end results.
- The new Kinetic Sand Magic Molding Tower lets kids create customizable medieval princesses or knights by placing Kinetic Sand into the top of the castle and pressing into the mold. It also includes three magic molds for a dragon, a unicorn and a treasure chest, along with a working catapult for endless fun with no mess. Age: 3+, MSRP $19.99 USD
- With all-new fabrics to work with, the Cool Maker Sew N' Style Machine has an easy-to-use style string feature and a pom-pom maker, perfect for young crafters to add flair to new designs. Age: 6+, MSRP $34.99 USD
- Bigger is better with the new Bunchems Creativity Pack featuring big Bunchems. Add more fun to the mix with these large scale Bunchems and bring imaginations to life. Age: 4+, MSRP $19.99 USD
From pretty show ponies to free spirited fur balls and playful puppies, these toys will be sure to spark the imagination of young kids.
- The award-winning Zoomer line welcomes Zoomer Show PonyTM, that kids can feed, groom and train to perform different tricks for the big show. She moves on her own and has expressive light up eyes that move and change shape to show exactly how she is feeling. Zoomer Show PonyTM is highly interactive, making noises, spinning around and will even follow kids guiding hands. Age: 5+, MSRP $79.99 USD
- Zhu mania is now fueled by the marketing magic of Spin Master, bringing new high flying adventures and products to ZhuZhu Pets. Pipsqueak, Mr. Squiggles, Num Nums and Chunk are zhuper little hamsters with some crazy talents and unpredictable behavior. Fuzzy and mischevious, these zuper little hamsters from the TV show will captivate kids with their silly antics. Age: 4+, MSRP $12.99 USD
- Go camping with Chubby Puppies Vacation Camper which includes a full-sized Jack Russell Terrier Chubby Puppy and a small baby puppy to care for. These adorable puppies come equipped with the ultimate camping accessory, a transforming camper. Age 4+, MSRP $24.99 USD
- With Chubby Puppies 10 Pack Baby Collectible kids can enjoy cuteness overload with a 10 pack of all baby friends. Includes brand new animals and two accessories. Be sure to find the rare babies. Age: 4+, MSRP $9.99 USD
Game time is family time and Spin Master has exciting games to keep the whole family entertained. Preschoolers can get up and play with the non-stop action of Wobbly Worm. Kids will find a new soppy, floppy friend in Soggy Doggy. Hedbanz the family classic that keeps everyone guessing. It all adds up to many moments of memorable fun for everyone!
- Wobbly Wormis a fun-filled preschool game where kids try to get their rings onto Wobbly. It's the action game that grows with kids just add tubes to the worm to make it more challenging. Age: 3+, MSRP $19.99 USD
- Hedbanz is the quick-question family game of "What Am I?" Featuring 66 cartoon cards that players wear in the headband and six sample question cards to help players of all ages know what to ask. Age: 7+, MSRP $15.99 USD
- Soggy Doggy is the showering, shaking, doggy bathing game for kids. Players race around the board washing Soggy Doggy, but watch out he loves to shake himself dry! If he shakes, the player that gets a little wet goes back to start. Be the first to make it around the board to win. Age: 4+, MSRP $19.99 USD
Bring Adventure from the Flat Screen Home
With the incredible success of PAW Patrol, the preschool phenomenon broadcast in over 160 countries and territories, kids love bringing the fun and adventures of Ryder and his heroic pups to life. Modeled after the Maker Movement, Rusty Rivets features best friends, Rusty, Ruby and Botasaur who invent their way out of every jam by repurposing spare parts and objects into the wildest, coolest, most awesome contraptions ever. Kids will be in for action packed fun and adventure with these new toys based on the shows.
- Kids can sail to the rescue with the PAW Patrol Sea Patroller. With an amazing sea-to-land transformation, the PAW Patrol Sea Patroller is prepared for wherever the rescue leads. It's equipped with lights and sounds, a working crane, a life-saver launcher and storage for basic vehicles. It also comes with an exclusive Ryder figure and his ATV, an exploration cage and a baby octopus. Age: 3+, MSRP $59.99 USD
- Big rescues call for an even bigger tower and kids can bring the most iconic location in Adventure Bay to life with the new PAW Patrol Life Sized Lookout Tower. With lights and sounds, a working elevator, a backpack storage unit, a functioning periscope, a spiral slide with flipping mechanism and a rotating base with vehicle launcher, it's never been easier for kids to recreate moments from the show and embark on new PAW Patrol Rescues. Age: 3+, MSRP $99.99 USD
- Rusty's new friend and most dino-tastic creation, Rusty Rivets Botasaur, comes with 19 reconfigurable parts making it easy for kids to construct their own unique Botasaur. It features realistic lights and sounds, and modular, open-ended reconfiguration for tons of fun designs and combinations. Age: 3+, MSRP $29.99 USD
- Get inventing at Rusty's transforming headquarters! Complete with lights and sounds, the Rusty Rivets Rivets Lab Playset comes with an exclusive Rusty figure,a vehicle lift, an elevator and workshop full of accessories for all of Rusty's inventing needs. Age: 3+, MSRP $39.99 USD
Little ones will adore these items designed specifically with their developmental stage in mind.
- Chuckle Ball is a self-rolling and self-bouncing toy that makes silly sounds and comes to life, encouraging kids to move, crawl, hop and dance. A wild, unpredictable, funny character ball with bouncing, hopping, spinning action and funny, silly noises. Age: 18 months+, MSRP $19.99 USD
- Little ones will love playing with Teletubbies Dancing Po. By simply pressing her hand kids can change between talking and dancing mode, hear Po talk and play music to dance along with. Po also makes different sounds depending on whether she is lying down or standing up. Age: 18 months+, MSRP $39.99 USD
The Hottest Licensed Products
Spin Master continues to secure leading licenses to bring popular properties to life at home through toys and games.
- Kids can now interchange the looks of their Masha doll with Masha and The Bear Snap N Fashion Deluxe Pack, snapping on outfits for different looks for imaginative play. The deluxe pack includes a 6" Masha doll, three complete outfits and accessories. Age: 3+, MSRP $19.99 USD
- Bring home the action of The Powerpuff Girls with The Powerpuff Girls Ultimate Story Maker Playset. Blossom, Buttercup and Bubbles can hang out at the mall and save the day at the pet store, arcade and ice cream shop. Age: 5+, MSRP $39.99 USD
The Walt Disney Company:
- From the blockbuster series, the Pirates of the Caribbean Silent Mary Pirate Ship Playset engages kids to help Captain Jack take on Salazar and his ghostly vessel as it terrorizes the dreaded Devil's Triangle. With real wave-like movements, kids can set sail for adventure by unleashing the Silent Mary's deadly cannons. Age: 4+, MSRP $49.99 USD
Media and influencers are invited to visit Spin Master at the North American International Toy Fair 2017, Booth #739.
About Spin Master
Spin Master is a leading global children's entertainment company that creates, designs, manufactures, and markets a diversified portfolio of innovative toys, games, products, and entertainment properties. Spin Master is best known for award-winning brands, including Zoomer Dino, Bakugan Battle Brawlers, Air Hogs®, and the 2016 Toys of the Year, Bunchems and Meccanoid G15. Since 2005, Spin Master has received 82 TIA Toy of the Year (TOTY) nominations with 18 wins across a variety of product categories. Spin Master has been recognized with 13 TOTY nominations for Innovative Toy of the Year, more than any of its competitors. Spin Master is among a limited number of companies that not only develop and produce global entertainment properties, characters, and content, but also monetize that content through the creation, sale, and licensing of products. To date, Spin Master has produced six television series, including the 2007 hit series Bakugan Battle Brawlers and its current hit PAW Patrol, which is broadcast in over 160 countries and territories globally. Spin Master employs over 1,000 people globally with offices in Canada, the United States, Mexico, France, Italy, United Kingdom, Slovakia, Poland, Germany, Sweden, the Netherlands, China, Hong Kong, Japan, and Australia.
SOURCE Spin Master
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved